Time Management – The 80/20 Principal

 

If you have already read the Time Management article, then you are now ready to read this next part.

Did you know that only 20 per cent of your time produces 80 per cent of your work?

This means that 20 per cent of your time deals with productive activities and the other 80 per cent is made up of unnecessary or lower priority activities.

What this highlights is the importance of knowing exactly what you want from life and setting yourself the goals that will help you to achieve it.

Having goals and especially formalising them on paper will help you to measure exactly where you are in your life and what you need to do and in what priority to help you to achieve and move on to the next goal.

Life is a big project and in the same way as a project has critical tasks that impact and influence other tasks, it is important that you set yourself goals and prioritise them according to what you need to achieve and what is the most important goal to you.

Focus on the 20 per cent of goals that move you to the next level in your life or business, and leave the remaining 80 per cent for later, delegate them to other people or leave them altogether.